of Art, Chicago, IL
Associate Professor,Video Game Design
• Lead classroom instruction in 3-4 undergraduate courses per quarter
(18-24 weekly contact hours)
• Assist students in portfolio preparation and conduct independent
• Participate in special projects and open houses
• Created web application to allow students to upload animation
portfolio contents and solicit instructor feedback
• Courses taught include:
- GAD120: Scriptwriting for Games
- GAD415: Programming for the Artist
- GAD420: Game Prototyping
|Interaction Design, Human Computer Interaction and Web Design
- IMD215:Web Scripting (HTML, XHTML, CSS, Accessbile Design, usability)
- IMD350:Database Management (Information Design, SQL)
- IMD355:Advanced Web Scripting
|complete list of courses taught
Schools, Indianapolis, IN
Adjunct Faculty, Information Technology
• Lead online instruction in Research Methods for I.T. professionals
Independent Contractor / Consultant
University of Chicago, Chicago, IL
Web Developer/Designer, Nahuatl Learning Environment
• Design and develop enhancements to the only online resource for
the education of the Nahuatl language - a native language of Mexico.
• Create new tools under the direction of linguist, Dr. Jonathan
Amith, to teach kindergarten through graduate level students.
• Collaborate with designers and developers at Yale University,
the University of Chicago, and the University of Pennsylvania.
E.R. Moore, Chicago,
Visual Basic Contract Developer
• Develop order entry applications for gown manufacturer using VB,
VBA and VB.net against an Oracle database
• Lead less experienced developers and web designers, debug existing
code, set software design standards.
Web Developer (contract)
• Create 90% of the aesthetic elements of an e-commerce website
for a startup service provider.
• Successfully converted web site concept to production site in
University Online, Hoffman Estates, IL
Subject Matter Expert, RDBMS SQL Server 2000 (contract)
• Created online course content for database design and development
bachelor and master students in the Information Technology department.
• Authored 25, 500 word topic scripts and 7-8 pages of course assignments
Technical Lead / Architect, Web Technologies
· Developed new n-tier and 3-tier applications using Visual Basic
· Independently re-architected existing systems, designed new applications,
architectures, object interfaces, and user interfaces for dynamic content
generation on our company's corporate retail site.
· Mentored and taught new technologies to coworkers.
· Independently wrote production and prototype code.
· Investigated emerging technologies.
· Recommended software for web development.
Buyer, Purchasing Department
· Managed inventory for over 1,000 items in the storage product
line at the world’s second largest industrial supply company.
· Authorized purchases averaging $180,000 / 150 requisitions daily.
· Resolved packaging, shipping, pricing, and lead time concerns
daily through negotiations
· Managed 1-5 month operational projects involving warehousing,
inventory management, database development & systems modification,
and corporate wide policy changes & audits.
Mindtoggle.com, Chicago, IL
Sole Proprietor, Web Developer (part-time position)
· Created and administered commercial website for selling music,
nightclub paraphernalia (clothes, glow sticks, etc), and guest listing
service in the Chicago area.
· Processed credit card transactions and conducted business under
my own small business merchant account.
keyword search, forums, and dynamic content generation.
· Authored more than 50 original articles and created all graphics
· Inspired visitors to write several articles and maintain an active
participation in forums.
· Created and administered over 100 HTML pages, for more than 300
registered users / 400 sessions and more than 9000 page hits per week.